Quality of the services are of immense importance with the main objectives being:
- Quality of deliverables
- On time delivery
Company processes are modeled using ARIS tool from IDS-SCHEER.
Established models are:
- M-MILESTONE: external driven projects (both T&M and fixed costs)
- R-MILESTONE: product development processes
The company has offcaly certified processes for ISO 9001:2008 by TÜV and DQS.
In the period 2005-2009 the daughter company MicronasNIT had TS2 (ISO 16949:2002) certified processes for automotive industry QM.
RT-RK is working on a defined process for software development; Developed processes are ISO 9001:2001 and ISO TS2 compliant. Additionally one of the main advantages is process customization according to customer requirements. The main goal for long term cooperation is to fit local process to global partner workflow processes. This is achieved by:
- Initial training on site of RT-RK engineering team
- Regular visits of engineering team
- Workflow process modeling with main goal to define interfaces on both sides
- Constant process improvement trough 1/2 year senior management meeting
RT-RK is service providing company and therefore we are carefully selecting our future engineers in their final years of Graduate Studies. Navigating their education through different fields in undergraduate studies and specialized them in master studies. After joining our team engineers are passing additional education trough projects as well as trough Master Studies and PhD studies. For each project, team is carefully selected, especially to provide adequate: technical skills, management and communication capabilities. Off-shore team is reporting on both sides providing sufficient information for local management to prevent problems.
RT-RK is organized in two management levels. Executive management and on second level there are Group Leaders, they are responsible for team coordination. Project planning and tracking is done using different tools and methodologies. Regular phone/video conferences with customer, weekly reports, development progress reporting.
RT-RK provides high quality of software development service, this goal is achieved with intensive testing of developed software. Mandatory part of each project phase is definition of acceptance criteria and testing procedure. Target is to have 100% automatic test coverage for developed modules. Tests plan is always discussed and aligned with customer test strategies. Bugzilla is used as bug tracking system.
- The company owns dedicated professional IT and TV infrastructure in all RT-RK facilities
- All suported IT services are hosted from within the company — no outsourcing
- Fully equipped TV signal distribution infrastructure built for embedded systems development:
- Headend with over 30 shared generators (DVB-S/S2, DVB-T/T2, DVB-C/C2, ATSC) and transcoders
- SMATV distribution infrastructure based on cascading multiswitches and amplifiers
- 500 TV socket outlets.
- Measurment equipment and TV signal analyzers
- Additional specialized signal generators and measurement devices used for DTV applications
- Automatic test & verification system
- Hardware laboratory with repair and assembly infrastructure with EMC test chamber