In the over two-decade long history of involvement in embedded system development, RT-RK has built a significant knowledge base in the home automation area. The main route of knowledge acquisition is provision of design services for world-known customers as well as development of own product portfolio.
The design services RT-RK offers in this field may cover a full product life-cycle, starting from product concept (software, hardware, mechanical design, prototype development, testing, certification) to hand over to mass production (EMS) including factory test support.
Innovative thinking and awareness of the state-of-the art technologies is something we feel is crucial in efficient product development. This mindset resulted in vast experience in many fields:
- Usage of versatile connectivity technologies — LAN, RF, WiFi, Zigbee, IR, and NFC
- A variety of microcontrollers and SoCs (8/16/32 bit) built in our designs, running either commercial or free RTOS, programmed in assembler, C or C++
- Many analog and digital sensors incorporated in our designs (cameras, temperature, humidity, color, proximity, 3D, PIR)
- Power is a key aspect in home automation: development of low power devices to preserve battery life, careful design of power components to be compliant with EMI regulations, products dealing with high power (light control, home appliance control, power management at home level, etc.)
- Know-how of controlling power efficient lighting technologies (CFL, LED, TLD)
Beside the device development, RT-RK is experienced in integration of such components into broader ecosystem, such as a facility. Several projects have addressed building a connected software platform that allows the devices to function as a system, with a central control node. An event driven architecture ensures timely reaction to various situations (and thus interactivity), and also efficient resource utilization in all system elements. The communication between nodes may be wired and wireless, while nodes themselves could be either custom or OTS products. Support for behavior customization, extendibility, and flexibility is provided by software scripting.
Home automation is getting a wider scope lately in form of connected homes and facilities. The boundaries of an HA system are extending over Internet and getting to the cloud. By interconnecting individual systems we offer additional services like remote monitoring and control. We are experienced in development of such enterprise solutions that solve the inherent issues resulting from WAN and from the massiveness of the nodes. It is accompanied by an intuitive and customizable remote management platform suited for both business and personal use.
RT-RK has built a strong expertise in home automation covering the full vertical from the low level, real-time, embedded components, up to the high level, cloud-based services.
Handling the major SoCs of the industry such as those of Texas Instruments, Qualcomm, and NVIDIA, has upskilled RT-RK to a superior low level software developer of the most demanding real time applications.
RT-RK’s teams of hardware designers, OS experts, networking experts, automotive software specialists, and UI/UX developers have decades of experience with platforms, technologies, and tools to offer premium product development and services.
RT-RK carries out system software development, AUTOSAR porting and customization, projects complying with ASPICE processes and functional safety, UI/UX development, reference hardware design, and technology transfer to Tier1/OEM. RT-RK therefore supports all relevant operating systems and industry standards, e.g. Linux, ISO26262, Ethernet, FlexRay, MOST, HTML5, GENIVI.
- Basic software and operating systems for ECUs based on AUTOSAR and Functional Safety ISO26262
- Software solutions for driver assistance systems
- HMI development for head units, instrument clusters and head-up displays
- Development for In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems (IVI) - including reception of TV signal and services
- Integration, customization, and complete development services (platform selection, OS, complex device drivers, communication, ECU abstraction, services, microcontroller abstraction, AUTOSAR RTE, and application software components)
- Complete DVB software stack for a mobile digital TV tuner
- ALPHA reference board for automotive machine vision on SoCs from Texas Instruments. The solution is available for automotive manufacturers (OEMs), automotive construction companies (Tier 1/2/3) for rapid prototyping, advanced TI automotive customers and algorithm developers for demonstration purposes.
AUTOMOTIVE MACHINE VISION ALPHA REFERENCE BOARD ON TEXAS INSTRUMENTS SOCS
Automotive Machine Vision ALPHA is a reference design board on Texas Instruments supporting basic and advanced warning systems, active control systems and semi-autonomous operations. A set of targeted applications covers different driver assistance algorithms as front view, surround view, camera mirror system, driver monitoring and night vision, with various features for increasing comfort and overall driving experience.
- Car manufacturers (OEMs)
- Automotive design houses (Tier1/2/3) for rapid prototyping
- Texas Instruments advanced automotive customers
- Algorithm developers for R&D and demonstration purposes
- Processors: 3 x TDA2x SoC (2x ARM Cortex A15 and 2x ARM Cortex M4, 2x C66x Digital Signal Processor (DSP), 4x Embedded vision Engine (EVE))
- Load balancing for video processing algorithms between TDA2x SoCs is available via PCIe enabling optimal workload
- Each SoC has HDMI out, DCAN, Ethernet, JTAG, UART interface and Micro SD Card slot
- System supports up to 10 cameras (automotive cameras compatible with TI DS90UB964 and DS90UB914A Deserializers)
- Daisy chain solution
- Support for AVB Ethernet
- System is upgradeable with daughter board over connector where all TDA2x interfaces are available ( Ethernet, USB, CAN, SPI...)
Camera mirror replacement
- Patch for VSDK
- User manual
- 40 hours of support
Optionally, RT-RK offers various customization services.
Night vision camera